THGC - Folding@home team 40051

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ara

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
i agree with you (boring voice)

yeah, good idea to come here, hope we can get some tutorials and whatnot.

(other distributed computing projects don't matter (joking))

do you guys know that SETI is asking for donations? it makes me so sad to see such an honest project going bust.

Ara

doubled

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I got 4 jobs started last night on three computers at home. All 3.0 or higher. Hope to see the points for the team add up pretty quick I've got 3 more machines that are sitting around the office doing nothing most of the day anyway. I'll get them online this weekend. I did have a problem with a dual core machine last night. I cleared everything out and started a new Job. Hopefully it will finish this time. It seems like it's going to take 20 hours or so for some of the work units?

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
I shall now annoy people in this section of the forum!!!

My production has gone through the floor, I have no idea what happend a few of my PC's. They are at remote location so there is no way to monitor them, grrr.

Aragorn

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
Acording to this page your production looks okay, you had one day there where not too many machines returned but we all have that. Check out my history. Don't worry too much about it, you still seem to be turning over a good stream of WU's.

Ralkthor

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Ooh, so close to 7 million. Just a few more days. Go team go! Now to go set up that old Pentium 1.4.

Edit: All right, page 2!

cmptrdude79

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
The thing is, I thought about getting the Venice. I thought HARD about getting the Venice. But then I found a post on HardOCP comparing the San Diego and the Venice in overclockability, and had to get the San Diego. Only thing I almost wish, is that I would have gotten the 4000+.

-J

Aragorn

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
*ComputerDude

The only benches I know of for F@H are the ones that are listed in FahMon. What bench are you and SuperFly using?

cmptrdude79

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
You can also use the -Verbosity 9 arguement for the F@H Graphical client. Benchmark gets recorded in your fahlog.txt file.

-J

cmptrdude79

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Still need to play with my RAM timings some more. If I'd just pull my wallet out and get some dang water cooling, I know I could break 10k on that benchmark...did a little testing and found that my processor will stay stable up to 2.97GHz if my CPU temp stays under 42C. Too bad I can't keep it that cool on air. Oh well.

-J

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Still need to play with my RAM timings some more. If I'd just pull my wallet out and get some dang water cooling, I know I could break 10k on that benchmark...did a little testing and found that my processor will stay stable up to 2.97GHz if my CPU temp stays under 42C. Too bad I can't keep it that cool on air. Oh well.

-J

2970? I must hurt you for that.... lol

Edit: How'd you get it that high?

doubled

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I see we jumped to 89!

My machines finished 3 WU today but my stats only show 2? I guess it's not all about the credit I get, but the team sure could use it.

I singed up for the heavy cores...is it normal to get them with 20 million steps? Jeez that takes a while.

cmptrdude79

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I just ran my HTT base clock up to 270, and loosened my RAM timings a smidge. It was stable until it got hot...lol. Water cooling here I come.

On a separate note, just got back from an America's Army tournament...and I won a lowly Pentium D 805. New OC target...lol. And the great thing is, if I blow it up, I'm out $35 (my total cost for the tourney).

-J

ara

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
how about just keep that machine (with slight OC or not) on double folding and use it as a water heater.

Ara

ara

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
ooooooooooooh YEAH! over the next 3 weeks we'll be climbing at least 5 positions, unhindered by "the other people" who are gonna overtake us in........

4.3 and 9.2 months

would that be the highest position we've ever been?

Ara