Thinkpad T420 vs Chuwi Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Tablet

kekLi

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Ive been looking for a laptop for light gaming as a second system. My questions is should i buy a Chuwi Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Tablet or a Lenovo Thinkpad T420. They are both the same price (around 150€), the Atom laptop is new and the Thinkpad used. Mostly going to play Hearthstone and use Chrome.

Solution

You really should ask yourself: Do I want a laptop, or do I want a tablet? Comparing these 2 devices is a bit unfair to both. The ThinkPad T420 is a proper laptop (if a bit old) that is likely to give you decent specs in a traditional format, I'm guessing 14" and running Windows 7. It'll be significantly bulkier to handle, but part of that heft goes...

kekLi

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

The Thinkpad is a i5 2420M and the chinese tablet is a Chuwi Hi10 Pro
My Biggest concern with the Thinkpad is its size and weight

You really should ask yourself: Do I want a laptop, or do I want a tablet? Comparing these 2 devices is a bit unfair to both. The ThinkPad T420 is a proper laptop (if a bit old) that is likely to give you decent specs in a traditional format, I'm guessing 14" and running Windows 7. It'll be significantly bulkier to handle, but part of that heft goes into a sturdier chassis.

The Chuwi Hi10 Pro certainly has a lot going for it, but while it offers all the attractions of a brand-new device, it is also clearly designed as a 'throw-away' gadget, i.e. any malfunction means buying a new one. T-series ThinkPads are designed for easy upgrade, expansion, and replacement.

And remember: The keyboard that comes with the Hi10 Pro is also only 10.8" - i.e. for emergency use only.

Solution