Tiamat 7.1 on Maximus VI formula.

nitomoaa123

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
I just got a Tiamat 7.1 and currently pluged it in to a Asus Maximus VI formula. I downloaded the razer surround sound and cant find the tiamat when configuration, and the outcome is i cant hear any bass from that headset. Any advise please ?

mr91

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
WHy would you download razer surround when the headset is already functions as a analog 7.1 surround?

I have the head set and what you're doing doesn't make any sense. If you wanted to use razer surround you should have bought the 2.1 version don't you think?

justcallmetom13

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014

Any headphones can function as a 7.1 headset.
It all depends on what media you're listening to.

If it's gaming, there's usually an option to change the type of sound in the in-game audio settings. For example, changing the in-gam audio settings to "Headphones" or something along those lines will simulate surround sound, whether it be 5.1 or 7.1 depends on how much time the game developers put into audio.

For music it's simple, if they didnt record it in such a way that gives you a direction of where the instruments are, then there is no surround sound.

Bottom line is, you can't force something to be surround sound, and if you say you did, its usually just a placebo.

mr91

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Obviously you cannot get 7.1 sound out of a mp3 however if I understand the op correctly he installed razer surround to a headset that automatically works in 7.1 if you play a games like star craft 2 or bf4 that supports.

Some movies also work in 7.1

#1 delete the razer surround unless you like virtual surround better
#2 make sure that everything is connected properly - follow manual for 7l1
#3 when playing music you might want to press the 7.1 button to make it 2.1 for more bass
#4 when true 7.1 is enabled the bass and everything else is highlighted however the sound is decent however not spectacular.