G

These cheap Chinese no-name phones are quite a good way to get a wireless enabled portable device -- but reliability may be an issue and support will probably be non-existent.

Bear in mind that you can buy a Nokia E63 (a lite version of the rather good E71) for about 40% more than the Tiger.

ram3500v8

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I am near places alot that have wifi, so i would be getting this for web. A large touch screen would probably be the most convenient for mobile web. Also if you have any other phone suggestions, i use T-mobile.

G

You should just look through the T-Mob product brochures (I'm in the UK so I wouldn't know what's offered elsewhere) -- the problem is finding a phone which is cheap and has wifi and a decent keyboard (I'm not too convinced by touch screens as keyboards).

I take your point about screen size -- I had a look at the Tiger video on You Tube -- looks great -- but you have to wonder about quality, though software may prove the real problem.

I'm aware of these issues becaue prefer Pay As You Go as I don't make many calls but I would like a mobile with wifi to use with our home network. I found some phone companies simply don't do a PAYG with wifi because it's not in their interests.

Solution is my neighbour who spends a fortune on calls and gets offered new phones free regularly. Persuaded her to ask for one with wifi and she came home with the E71 which has a reasonable keyboard too -- theoretically when she gets bored with it she'll give it to me. As you note the E63 (like the E71) has quite a small screen.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Nokias are fantastic phone. BUT BEWARE, 98% of their phones, still have pin chargers. they are know to break, i am not talking about occassionally, i knowmany peoples who have broke including mine.

TRENDING THREADS