smacks

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009

Vahniti

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
@ smacks:

The Creative Fata1ity Headset is mediocre at best. Its the only decent headset I have owned, but the Cable twists and wears with time. Not only that, but the the muffs on the set itself are shallow so your ear may become sore from rubbing against the speaker over the span of many hours. from what I have heard, Turtle beach brand headsets are pretty good:

http://www.frys.com/product/5687331?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

darksupreme

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
if you are looking for a headset with good soundquality DO NOT go with 5.1 or 7.1 headsets there overall , sound positing is quite astounding and unmatched , but there overall sound quality is preety bad . stereo headphones on the other hand have extremely good sound quality and preety decent sound positioning aka ( sound staging ) , i personaly do not suggest 5.1 or 7.1 for gaming comp setup's becuase your games that you play range more from games like RTS and MMO which does utilize sound staging very much , and u also listen to music 5.1 and 7.1 are more for a ps3 or xbox where ur playing mostly FPS and dont care about the sound quality