Solved! Toshiba 57hx81 no power

sadefeo

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Toshiba 57HX81....no picture......red light on power button flashing. I've seen new bulb needed and some other possible fixes. Please advise if it is worth researching getting parts / repaired. Paid $500 for it 3 yrs ago. Thanks,
sadefeo@comcast.net

Solution
Good chance you have a convergence circuit failure, which is very common on a projection this age. The parts are about 60 bucks, chips and fuses. The hard part is getting someone to fix it for under $250 labor - it is just an awful tv to work on difficulty-wise. I would go after this repair as long as you have no other issues with the set.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Good chance you have a convergence circuit failure, which is very common on a projection this age. The parts are about 60 bucks, chips and fuses. The hard part is getting someone to fix it for under $250 labor - it is just an awful tv to work on difficulty-wise. I would go after this repair as long as you have no other issues with the set.

Solution

vinlaw

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

I have the same problem with my toshiba. The thing is i do not know if there are any other issues with the TV. Could it be the picture tube also