Toshiba L355D will not boot

charliecl

Estimable
Jan 23, 2016
Hello everyone
I have a Satellite L355-D That will not boot. On start-up I can hear the fan and drive start-up, however, it never boots up just the black screen. It will not turn off. I have to remove the power. I have tried to remove all power from the computer and hold down the start button, trying to drain all the power out of the computer and start over again. This did work just once, however, it never booted again. I have looked at the power supply and there is the 19v needed. I've looked at the power connection and that seems to be alright. I have reseated both the RAM and drive still no help. It's been working great up to now and I would like to keep it if I can. Is there any suggestions I can try.
Thank you.

charliecl

Estimable
Jan 23, 2016
No not a thing, There is NO drive action at all. The power light is on, However, it won't turn off either. The thing that confuses me is by holding down the start button for 30 sec it did boot once?? So what does that tell me?? One, I have power to the mother board Two, It seems we don't have a software problem
( I don't think) I am not really a newbe at this however, this one has me stumped, for now anyway

charliecl

Estimable
Jan 23, 2016

Thanks, I have done all the easy stuff!, I have done all that you have suggested and then some. On powerup it seems to just hang up with no drive activity all that I can hear anyway and where it won't turn off tells me in a way the command to boot never gets there it just hangs. I am about to open this thing up to the motherboard to see if the CPU is getting power to it. Remember it did boot once after holding down the power- on button so I am not completely convinced it's a hard failure I am not really a newbe that this however, I must say this one has me looking for suggestions