Toshiba laptop not starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomEard

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
The model is Satellite Pro C850. A while ago I updated my windows 7 to windows 10. It was updating so I left it overnight. And then when i came back to the laptop and it was stuck on the starting screen( the one with the _ ) and it kept restarting itself, now it doesn't do anything but restart itself , I can't even reach the windows loading screen, please help

Solution
Hi,

First do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Turn it back on and see if gets pass the restart part because if it doesn't try loading into Safe Mode. Turn it on then start tapping F8 repeatedly until you see Advanced Boot Option then select Safe Mode from the list. Once Safe Mode is loaded disable all your startup items found in Task Manager then reboot your PC again. If still doesn't work a Factory Reset might be required sine the update to Windows 10 might not installed properly in your laptop.
Hi,

First do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Turn it back on and see if gets pass the restart part because if it doesn't try loading into Safe Mode. Turn it on then start tapping F8 repeatedly until you see Advanced Boot Option then select Safe Mode from the list. Once Safe Mode is loaded disable all your startup items found in Task Manager then reboot your PC again. If still doesn't work a Factory Reset might be required sine the update to Windows 10 might not installed properly in your laptop.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.