Toshiba Libretto W100 Hands-On Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ask7852

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
I love the look of this product. I saw that there was no ethernet but 3G would be available. What about Wi-Fi?

marybranscombe

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
@ask Full Wi-Fi, yes - b, g and n, plus Bluetooth 2.1(and optional 3G). Unless you were using it like a notebook on a table an Ethernet cable would be pretty inconvenient, so it's not as much of a loss as in the Macbook Air for instance.

G

Doesn't windows 7 alaredy have an option to maximize to either the left half or right half of the screen?

marybranscombe

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
@Morale
yes, and Aero snap works: in notebook mode if you have the keyboard in the lower screen you can snap two windows side by side in the upper screen (if the keyboard is not shown they go side by side across both screens). if you switch to book mode you could use snap to snap two separate windows to each screen but while you can drag things from one screen to another to reach the corner to activate Aero Snap it takes a little practice - the title bar controls give you another way to position two windows on both screens. and again this only works for two different windows - not the pages of the same window unless that has a built-in two-page view (which eg Adobe Acrobat does).

@raj no official price announced; I hear rumours around $1000 (the Japanese version with built-in WiMAX is around $1400).

@dsd each screen is 1024 x 600 (or 600 x 1024 rotated!) so 2048 x 1200.

CPfreak

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
That keyboard could do wonders to gaming, imagine a customizable keyboard with only the arrow keys and a few hotkeys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS