Toshiba reads No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Dj327

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
I was resetting my Toshiba to factory setting and half way through the electric went out and now there is a message that says No reboot to restart my system. I have tried everything. I got this laptop toshiba C850 satellite through a training program and it came with no reboot disk. I am a mother of 7 can't afford a new laptop or the $40.00 for a reboot disk. How can I reboot to get every thing back to factory setting .

Solution
You cannot download the retail version and then install it with an OEM key, it is a particular issue with Windows 8 that 7 did not have.

The only guidance that I can offer here is to look at THIS tutorial on what you would need to do.

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
If you have access to another computer, you can download the operating system from Microsoft (you will need the product key - it should be on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop) and the proper version. Once downloaded, you can make a bootable DVD and/or USB flash drive to install Windows.

RealBeast

Distinguished
You cannot download the retail version and then install it with an OEM key, it is a particular issue with Windows 8 that 7 did not have.

The only guidance that I can offer here is to look at THIS tutorial on what you would need to do.

Solution