Solved! Toshiba satellite A355 keys not working

Sashido

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Hello, recently my Toshiba Laptop A355D-S6921's keyboard is giving problem. several keys are not working at all. i have cleaned up the keyboard, the connector ribbon. Specially the enter key doesnt work which means i cant even work from DOS or BIOS.

Any ideas or help will be much appreciated. Thanks Sashido.

Solution
you need to run keyboard and motherboard hardware test to find if any of those broke. I'm not sure for specifics, some tests can be accessed through bios, others with a special key during boot up. Best option is to contact support and ask them for help with diagnosing the problem.

If you cannot/donot contact support, I'd recommend googling for some diagnostic software that would be able to check keyboard/motherboard for faults.

My best guess is keyboard broke, so you will need to replace the keyboard.

AntiZig

Distinguished
you need to run keyboard and motherboard hardware test to find if any of those broke. I'm not sure for specifics, some tests can be accessed through bios, others with a special key during boot up. Best option is to contact support and ask them for help with diagnosing the problem.

If you cannot/donot contact support, I'd recommend googling for some diagnostic software that would be able to check keyboard/motherboard for faults.

My best guess is keyboard broke, so you will need to replace the keyboard.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS