Toshiba Satellite L650 does not show BIOS Setup Utility

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamsi Sangam

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I was looking to double boot my lappy to get some Linux based operating system, but the boot menu just does not open..... No matter what I press, F12, F2, F10, Del, the boot menu never shows up... Whats more, when i press the F12, it gives a loud BEEP as many times i press F12....... Then it just directly goes into starting the windows. Offcourse this clearly is the UEFI mode, but without access to Boot Menu, how will i change it to Legacy?..... I thought i was pressing thw wrong button, but when my Lappy starts up, it dows not show any buuton for boot menu below "Toshiba" title..... The very next thing that happens is Windows loads..... Please help to get the Boot Menu.....

Sahil7827

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
i have same problem
done this thing
form above post it worked

"before shutting down hold down the SHIFT key, this will turn the system off completely.

before turning it back on, first of all press and hold down the F2 key, you will then see the BIOS"

thanke johhny

pilaxeno

Estimable
Feb 2, 2016
press shift+f2 button and on/off button for 10 sec to shutt down the laptop then press shift+f2 button and on/off button to start the laptop dont release the buttons shift+f2 untill you see bios screen
this work for me this momment

Vu2pda

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

Vu2pda

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Dear Vamsi Sangam,
I am using Toshiba Tecra8000 , which shows this problem at times. The remedy is as follows.

Power it off. Press and holding the Esc key, power it again. You will get a message

Check system.Then press [F1] key.

That is all. After pressing F1, you are into business.

Nick_101

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

YES WORKED THANKS

Milan_CZ

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Its enough to press and hold F12 with power button when computer is off and wait until Toshiba logo appears and than boot menu will start.
Done on Satellite L750.

Mayette

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
I Upgraded my client's Toshiba L840 to windows 10 but camera did not work out and no drivers yet. So I need to re-install the Windows 7. I need to make the cd as the first boot device. "Just like the rest of you experiencing problem booting into BIOS setup. I followed all your instructions. Done everything one by one, but with no luck. Until I came up with the last reply: I press ESC while the system is restarting, then the option to press F2 for setup and F12 for boot menu came up. Again pressing the ESC button first will do the tricks. Good luck

jez6363

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

This is the right answer and worked on my laptop. Windows 8 introduced a 'fast shutdown' thing to allow a 'fast startup'. This seems to change how at least some laptops start up, so they miss the bios entry detection. Holding shift on shutdown disables the fast shutdown, which means it does a normal startup instead of fast, and then you can enter the bios.

ayocoded

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016

it also worked for me.thanks

DGurney

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
To enter BIOS, it's NOT the F2 key on power-up. It's the Escape key, as Mayette mentioned higher up in the thread and seems to have been ignored.

If you power up while holding Escape, my screen says, "Check system and press F1." That got me into BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.