Toshiba Satellite L650 does not show BIOS Setup Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamsi Sangam

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I was looking to double boot my lappy to get some Linux based operating system, but the boot menu just does not open..... No matter what I press, F12, F2, F10, Del, the boot menu never shows up... Whats more, when i press the F12, it gives a loud BEEP as many times i press F12....... Then it just directly goes into starting the windows. Offcourse this clearly is the UEFI mode, but without access to Boot Menu, how will i change it to Legacy?..... I thought i was pressing thw wrong button, but when my Lappy starts up, it dows not show any buuton for boot menu below "Toshiba" title..... The very next thing that happens is Windows loads..... Please help to get the Boot Menu.....

n1ghtr4v3n

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

shut down the system. press F2 while the power is actually off. push power button while pressing F2 at same time. voila... you'll boot in bios.
(at least my portege z930 boots like this into bios)

Vamsi Sangam

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

This too did'nt work.... Thanks for the response nyways..... :)

Vamsi Sangam

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I did do that as mentioned by "n1ghtr4v3n"..... It did no good..... It booted to Windows 8 nonetheless.....
It was actually a Windows 7 lappy.... When i wanted W8, then i encountered this problem..... Then i gave it to a computer shop, who put windows 8 in it..... He said even he tried to bring up the boot menu, but could not..... So he put W8 by inserting my HDD in another lappy.....

n1ghtr4v3n

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

you can always boot into bios from windows 8 metro interface in settings. i cant really remember where, but its there in the options... this should work 100% ! :bounce:

Vamsi Sangam

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

I googled it but did not find any suitable stuff.... Can u help me please.....??:ange:

Allen Dsouza

Estimable
May 26, 2014

kosni77

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014

Brisefrais

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
I will explain my experience but you say holding f2 before turning it on didnt work, although the worker guy in repair shop told me that some lapps you must hit and hold f2 AFTER power on. Moreover i suggest to try hold the other buttons this way.. and good luck...i''ll explain more about it when he finish repairing mine... also he said win8 tend to crash cause new lapps are drsigned to take original or cracked win copies.
The system is logged out and only black screen and mouse cursor appears. I'll publish anything new i know once i get my laptop.

johhny123

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
I had a similar problem, do this:

before shutting down hold down the SHIFT key, this will turn the system off completely.

before turning it back on, first of all press and hold down the F2 key, you will then see the BIOS

cibulak

Estimable
Aug 8, 2015
Yep, this helped for my Toshiba Z-50 with Windows 10:

1. Choose to RESTART laptop (not power off!)
2. Once it is powered off before automatically turning on again (restarting), press and hold F12 key
3. Wait for a cursor to appear in the top left corner of the screen, release the F12 key and you will enter BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.