TOSHIBA SATELLITE P55T-A5202 Plugged in Not Charging Battery 0%

carolr123

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
Hi all. Desperately trying to figure this one out. Laptop is only 1 year and 3 months old -used maybe 4-5 times a week. The laptop just shuts down - even when it's plugged in. Battery shows 0% , but when I plug it in to charge, it says
"0% plugged in - not charging". Battery was healthy and had no problems with charge prior to this sudden issue. I uninstalled ACPI Compliant Control Battery Method and let Windows reinstall it (runnining Windows 8.1). Didn't help. Also - this laptop has an unremoveable battery, so I can't take it out and reseat it. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thank you in advance! I'm at a loss

aannek

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015
I have exact same laptop with the exact same problem. Called Toshiba. I can ship it to them for $250 they will diagnose it and change battery. I hate not having my computer for a couple of weeks not to mention how safe is my personal and financial information? I can purchase a battery myself ($130) via 1-800-524-8338 and find a local shop to install it for me. Found one on eBay ($43). How frustrating to have a lousy computer with lousy service from the company. I paid $700 for it a year and half ago and have to pay $250+ for a solution? Never again will I buy a Toshiba or a laptop without a battery I can change myself.