Toshiba Satellite P55W-C losed power after A/C unplugged, battery is healthy.

toshibalaptop101

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
I was hoping someone can help me out here as this has been driving me crazy for the last 3 months.

One day I noticed my Toshiba wouldn't turn on.... I figured the battery died so plugged the A/C adapter in and it booted up. The battery was charged at 100%. I unplugged the A/C and the computer just shut down.

I figured I had a battery issue - right? Well, I ran some software health checks on the battery, all came back in Good Health. I also took the laptop apart (battery isn't easily removable) and inspected the batter (looks fine). I ensured all the connections were cleaned and snug. I attempted to boot without AC and again...nothing. Again took the battery out and took a voltometer to it - everything checked out OK. From what I see the battery is in great condition.

Then it get's weirder...

While my battery is unplugged it is STILL sending ARP requests and shows as active on the network. This leads me to believe the display won't power without AC power so looked into buying a new motherboard. The motherboard is $800 dollars and the computer was bought 1 year ago for $850...so replacing it wouldn't make sense.

I've also tried different Windows Power Saver settings (different modes, always on, off) and Toshiba Firmware upgrade and Windows Updates.

I work in IT and am at a loss here. The office is stumped too. Hopefully one of you people smarter than us can help.

Thanks!

Solution
First try holding the power button while holding down the F2
Then try to reset the laptop by pushing a paper clip into the small hole and holding it for 10 seconds push it in gently you should find it by the two USB ports to the right of you're keyboard.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
First try holding the power button while holding down the F2
Then try to reset the laptop by pushing a paper clip into the small hole and holding it for 10 seconds push it in gently you should find it by the two USB ports to the right of you're keyboard.

Solution