Solved! Toshiba SATELLITE Screen Shuts Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2019
Hi,
I have a Toshiba SATELLITE L500-13W that after around 2:30 hours of use the screen turns black and the pc becomes irresponsive, i shut it down through long press the power button and then when i turn it back on it stays irresponsive, only after some hours later it works again, i have cleaned the entire inside and change the thermal paste, but it still has this problem.
I used HWMonitor but temperatures never got above 60º C.
Can someone help?

Solution
Although you say temps never went up, you don't say which temps. You may want to try a different monitoring program and have the temps logged. This way you can see for sure what you are getting.

It sounds a lot like it is the GPU and not the CPU. However, it could be the display itself. You may want to try connecting an external monitor and see if you can see on it, and if it will stay on. Try it both from the moment you turn on the laptop, to see if the screen goes dark on the external monitor or not, or if you can still in fact see on it. You may also want to try connecting it after the display has gone dark, and see if you can see fine on the external monitor.

If it won't show on the exteral either, or it goes dark as well, then it...
Although you say temps never went up, you don't say which temps. You may want to try a different monitoring program and have the temps logged. This way you can see for sure what you are getting.

It sounds a lot like it is the GPU and not the CPU. However, it could be the display itself. You may want to try connecting an external monitor and see if you can see on it, and if it will stay on. Try it both from the moment you turn on the laptop, to see if the screen goes dark on the external monitor or not, or if you can still in fact see on it. You may also want to try connecting it after the display has gone dark, and see if you can see fine on the external monitor.

If it won't show on the exteral either, or it goes dark as well, then it is likely the GPU. However, if the external monitor doesn't go dark (if attached before start up) or it shows the screen when connected after the attached display goes dark, then it is likely your display itself or the cable that connects it that is overheating.

Solution
Apr 14, 2019

If it won't show on the exteral either, or it goes dark as well, then it is likely the GPU. However, if the external monitor doesn't go dark (if attached before start up) or it shows the screen when connected after the attached display goes dark, then it is likely your display itself or the cable that connects it that is overheating.
Sorry, forgot about that, it's the CPU temperature that i was referring.
Ok, i will try to connect a external monitor and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.