Toshiba tecra a7 GPU replacement?

chipmunkstyle401

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014
Hi, today when i was cleaning my house i found my old Toshiba tecra a7 but AC adapter cable was broken and two wires touched and it broke my GPU, i was searching around Internet to find replacement but i cant find it, GPU is ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 can someone tell me where i can buy that gpu?

Sorry for my bad English, im from Croatia.

DSzymborski

Distinguished
With a very few exceptions (high-end gaming laptops and workstations mainly), you can't simply replace a laptop GPU the same way you can replace a desktop GPU. Generally, they're integrated with the motherboards, meaning that if you lose it, you need a whole new motherboard. Unless you luck out and find a direct replacement and have some technical skills (it's a decade old GPU, so we're talking a very old product), your best play is a new laptop - even an entry-level laptop in 2014 will absolutely crush that one.

chipmunkstyle401

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014
I opened my laptop and gpu is removable and i found Nvidia replacement but i also found ati replacement but it says its for HP laptop but it looks same as my gpu

chipmunkstyle401

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014

GPU in my is not integrated i have ati mobility radeon x1600 i took it out yesterday i have tecra a7 but not taht model from link that you posted im currently not at home so i cant post photos and my model number but i will post it asap

chipmunkstyle401

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014

Im currently not at home but i will post some photos and exact model asap

Hi, your GPU ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 is a BGA and it's directly solder on the motherboard.

Kymen

Estimable
May 13, 2015
On Tecra A7-112 the video card is "very" removable. I've done that. It's very hard to go to where the card is placed in laptop but is very very removable. And is true that it is expensive to buy a new video card (ATI X1600) for laptop.