Nicola Revell

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
I was given a Toshiba Tecra for work together with a Logitech Mouse. I am used to using the touchpad so started working with the touchpad and didnt connect the mouse. All worked fine. Later I connected the mouse but now that I want to go back to working with the touchpad I cant. I have taken out the USB mouse plug in, restarted laptop, tried f9 and nothing works - I cant get the touchpad to work - any help please?

Solution
Hi,

Just covering all bases here but you did hold the function key (Fn) while pressing F9?

If you have then you may need to re-install the drivers. Depending on where you work you may be better off to have the IT technician re-install the drivers.

The driver can be found here:
Driver Link
Hi,

Just covering all bases here but you did hold the function key (Fn) while pressing F9?

If you have then you may need to re-install the drivers. Depending on where you work you may be better off to have the IT technician re-install the drivers.

The driver can be found here:
Driver Link

Solution

Cyber-Freak

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
This sounds like drivers are being mishandled, you may have to look for new ones from the Toshiba website.
If that doesn't work, look for similar drivers from the touchpad manufacturers website. (though some instances this may be worse than using the drivers provided through Toshiba)

third and finally, if neither of the above work, you may want to suspect a hardware issue and contact Toshiba for any possible workarounds.