Tritton PC510 HDA headset subwoofer stopped working, piece broke off inline controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blunts4JCody

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Ok so about a year ago my subwoofer in my headset stopped working and i heard a rattling coming from my headset's inline volume controller. I took it apart and noticed something fell off where the subwoofer control is. Not sure if it is a capacitor or something. The contact points are still fine so i can just re-solder it back on right? Wrong, i lost the part over that amount of time. So what i'm asking is what the hell goes there and where can i get one? Here is a picture of what i'm talking about, i cant find any info about this online and their support is useless since they want me to buy a whole new inline controller when i'd rather deal with it then buy a new one. The missing spot in the picture is bigger than the other ones that say 100 16v L04. I can solder so it's a simple fix. Any info will help.

Thanks!

Picture (it wont let me attach it) -
http://i.imgur.com/E1RWlX0.jpg

Lutfij

Splendid
^ Please don't bump your own thread.

As long as your thread is active, you can expect to see answers just be patient. Member's here offer advice at their free will as they aren't paid to do so :)

That being said, a larger spot on the PCB would normally mean a larger capacitor but there are many capacitors to choose from a vast number and variety. Some are flat&wide while others are tall&slim.

You could solder a larger farad cap and go for a trial&error basis but then the solder build up will hamper your audio quality.

Blunts4JCody

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014

if I don't bump my thread it will sit at the bottom of the list and nobody will comment on it....is the "100" the farad of the cap? the other ones say 100 16v L04

Blunts4JCody

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014

thats not really what I was looking for. I can't read the capacitor if its missing. I need a data sheet or something that labels what capacitor goes there. I already tried Google that's why I posted on here but I guess nobody has a clue. thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.