trojan dectected on clean system

Janetdax

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
I recently did a clean install of windows 10 from a usb drive. After installing Vipre Security Suite it detects a trojan, trojan.downloader.JQUA. How do I get rid of this. Reinstalling windows isn't helping.

Janetdax

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013

I used the media tool from Microsoft to clean install windows 10 from a usb drive, Originally this system was a free upgrade from Win 7. Vipre doesn't provide a location of the problem. However, I did notice it was scanning C: Users at the time. My system consists of 2 SSD's and one HD
C for the OS, D games, and E for storage and swap file. Only the C drive is infected.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Then you didn't do an actual clean reinstall.
This would indicate it is something held over in your Users folder, and when you did the reinstall, you selected "Keep everything"

Which does exactly that...only reinstall the OS, and keeps all your applications and files where they are.
Something in there is infected.

Do an actual clean reinstall. Wipe ALL partitions ont he drive and reinstall to a blank system.

Janetdax

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013

I did use the "Keep Nothing" option. However, what it didn't let me do was repartition and reformat, which is probably what I need at this point.

USAFRet

Illustrious

During the install, when it asks where...select Custom.
You will be presented with a list of all the existing partitions.
Select each one, Delete
Leaving one large space.

Let Windows install to that, creating what it needs.

That WILL wipe all the partitions.

And do this with only the one drive connected.