Solved! Trouble connecting PC (HDMI) --> Yamaha YAS-207 --> TV (HDMI ARC)

Jan 16, 2019
Hello guys,
I cannot connect my PC to TV via HDMI using the soundbar (HDMI in from PC and then HDMI out to TV). I managed to run the soundbar as external TV speakers, I also managed to have ARC working, but the TV does not get HDMI in signal when I put the soundbar between PC and TV. Without the Yamaha, it works fine.
TV is LG 47 LW5500. Supports HDMI ARC, HDCP.
Can the reason be that I am using a simple common HDMI cable between the soundbar and TV?
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Marek

Solution
I have no problem the way you are doing it BUT.

If you are mix and matching 4K/non-4K components, trouble.
HDMI cabling finicky, I want to see 6 ft or less per cable and don't be shy trying another cable(s).

If none of those solve your problem, connecting like the other guy says should also work.
Oct 15, 2017
I also managed to have ARC working, but the TV does not get HDMI in signal when I put the soundbar between PC and TV

As I understand HDMI ARC, you connection is wrong if the soundbar is between TV and PC.
The speaker should remain plugged into the ARC port of the TV.
The PC should be plugged into an HDMI port that is not ARC.

Jan 16, 2019

Hello Christopher,
I don't think this is the proper way. I have tried anyway, but:
- It did not work well, I can now see and hear a movie from PC, but the bar did not provide sound from TV when watching simple TV broadcast
- see https://docdro.id/3RzAEDV - the bar should be between them
- I have asked two e-shops prior buying it, and both confirmed it should be between
- in that manner even if it worked, it would not provide me the ARC option, which should be possible with this bar.
But I may still missing something basic, yet important...:/
Thank you a lot anyway!

I have no problem the way you are doing it BUT.

If you are mix and matching 4K/non-4K components, trouble.
HDMI cabling finicky, I want to see 6 ft or less per cable and don't be shy trying another cable(s).

If none of those solve your problem, connecting like the other guy says should also work.

Solution
Jan 16, 2019

Thanks, jsmithepa. Does that mean that if I have a 4K-capable PC (I hope) and soundbar (for sure), and non-4K TV, it is most likely not going to work? So if I had bought a non-4K soundbar, it would? Actually the cable from PC to TV is around 40 ft, had no other choice. But if, then I see the problem in the cable between soundbar and TV. The other way as suggested it works with PC, but no sound from the TV-set, and no ARC of course. When I use the optical cable, I have the sound at least (just no ARC).

Jan 16, 2019

Thank you anyway, I think your post with mix and matching 4K/non-4K components may be relevant anyway. Will keep that in mind.
Have a nice day!