Trying to burn music to play on old system

Williamdry12

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Hi all, (sorry if this is in the wrong place)

I am trying to help out my Grandparents, they have a very old music setup and are running CDs through a 'Kenwood DP-M87 Multi Disc Player' I have tried to burn some of my Grandad's band music that I ripped off an old CD he found, this went fine the music plays on the PC no problem. However when I burn onto a CD it will not play in the Kenwood but it will play in my 2014 Hyundai.

The machine I am using to write the CD has an Asus DRW-24F1MT 24X DVD Writer, and I am running Windows 7 Pro.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Any help would be great!

Solution
Okay so I have just had some luck, I thought I would try a last ditch effort and download a 3rd party application called CDBurnerXP this game me the option to change the write speed to 24x. And it WORKED!!! I used the CD-R 52x CDs that I have and it played beautifully.

Thank you for trying to help and sorry for kinda wasting peoples time :/ I'm posting this to let you know what happened and to try and help anyone else who may be having a similar problem.

Thanks again and have a good day everyone!!

Williamdry12

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
I have tried both CD-R and CD-RW :/ and both do not work, I have just found some other CDs that someone has burned in the passed that are CD-R 80 min CDs and they seem to work, but my CD-Rs don't

Williamdry12

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Okay so I have just had some luck, I thought I would try a last ditch effort and download a 3rd party application called CDBurnerXP this game me the option to change the write speed to 24x. And it WORKED!!! I used the CD-R 52x CDs that I have and it played beautifully.

Thank you for trying to help and sorry for kinda wasting peoples time :/ I'm posting this to let you know what happened and to try and help anyone else who may be having a similar problem.

Thanks again and have a good day everyone!!

Solution

Shoomer

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

Glad you got it sorted.