Trying to connect 32 inch Dynex TV to Philips Philips CSS2123B/F7 sound bar

Cody Sparks

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
I tried connecting them for over an hour now and I cannot get sound to come out of the soundbar! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dynex Model I believe is DX-32L200A12

Solution
Your TV has only a coaxial RCA digital audio output. Your soundbar has the same type of input so you just need to connect any 75 ohm digital or composite video cable (almost any coax cable even audio will work). Check the TV menu to see if there are different types of outputs available and try each to find the one compatible to the sound bar.
Your TV has only a coaxial RCA digital audio output. Your soundbar has the same type of input so you just need to connect any 75 ohm digital or composite video cable (almost any coax cable even audio will work). Check the TV menu to see if there are different types of outputs available and try each to find the one compatible to the sound bar.

Solution

Cody Sparks

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

I've tried hooking up the red and white RCA (aux) cables to the red and white spots on both the Sound bar and the tv, and then I have the tv set on "Standard" sound option like described, and when I go to mute it no sound comes out of speaker. I don't know if the speaker is defective or not because when I touch the white cord to the side of the white audio plug in the speakers make static like it's alive. Hopefully this makes sense

Cody Sparks

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
I ended up getting a refund because it would only work with an optical cable and not with the RCA red and white. I'm going to have to wait a while to get a new tv or a receiver. Thanks for the help though! =)