Trying to enhance a still picture from a license plate from a CCTV video

naeemeh77

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to read a number plate from a video. So I searched in the Internet and I came up with this website. I'm a senior engineering student and I was driving in the highway a month ago when a Hyundai car( maybe Santafe) hit my car(actually my mother's car) badly and then escaped. My insurance didn't accept the high recompense and they gave me a CCTV video and told me to find the plate number myself. The video is somehow not clear. I can recognize my car and the other clearly but I can not read the license plate. I want to kindly ask of any help.
I'm eagerly looking forward for any reply about a software to enhance the screenshot of video for figuring out the license plate.
Thanks

Lmah

Honorable
May 3, 2013
There are some forensic video enhancement programs out there that I've seen in cop magazines, one I recall is Amped 5... Not sure on the cost of it though. I think you will be better off trying to bring the footage to the police department and see if they can help you, they can get a arrest out of it as well if it was a hit and run.

Pinhedd

Distinguished

+1

File a police report if you haven't done so already. There are a lot of other ways to hunt down a hit-and-run driver than trying to make out a blurry licence plate.

naeemeh77

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014

Thanks for your reply! I have a complete file in the police department. They don't do anything. 5 police officers were at the place of accident. I couldn't move because my neck and back and knee were aching. After they helped me to get out of the car. I recognized the Hyundai has gone. They don't explain any more.