Trying to find a blu ray player with surround sound connectors.

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
I hope this is the proper place for this.

But, like the title says, im looking for a blu ray player that has connectors on the back for surround sound. I have speakers from an old samsung blu ray surround sound system that broke. I want to still use the speakers, but i don't remember the dvd players name.

However, if this is not possible then i would like to purchase a sytem that i can hook these speakers up to. That would also allow me to, play music via phone (bluetooth or cable), hook up a blue ray player, a ps3, and varus other things like a computer for example.

The speakers are Samasung 5.1 surroundsound. The only other usefull thing on them is that they have an impendence of 3Ω(ohms). I already tryd looking up there model number nothing worth anything popped up.

Please and thankyou for any help provided. If you need any information let me know and i I'll see if i can find it.

photonboy

Distinguished
I'm not sure if you need a specific BluRay player.

It's more likely what you need is a suitable HDMI receiver. It would contain the amplifier to drive your speakers, and you could switch between inputs. I'll see if I can find a link.

photonboy

Distinguished
Update:
It's possible the RECEIVER/Amplifier unit is already part of the system but I can't say as you gave no model number. Example:
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-audio/HT-J4100/ZA

The SUBWOOFER in the above system contains the amplifier and for the most part it's a standalone system.

You don't explain what BROKE however. If it's the BluRay player only, then simply swap in a different one via the HDMI cable and see what happens. Since it appears only the HDMI (audio and video signal) is passed to the subwoofer I think the speaker setup should work with any HDMI video device.

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
The blue ray reader came with a 5.1 surroundound setup. All i had to do was attach the speakers to the bluray player and it worked. The blu ray player is what broke.

So, yes i suppose all i would need is something to plug the speakers into, so that i could run all my other sytems through.

Speakers arnt my thing. I just need something to run all my sytems through so that they can work with these speakers. My fear is that ill buy the wrong thing and there blow out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 1
R Audio 10
C Audio 2
L Audio 2
H Audio 1
A Audio 1
H Audio 4
S Audio 1
bryanthemercman Audio 3
L Audio 2
M Audio 1