Trying to find a blu ray player with surround sound connectors.

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
I hope this is the proper place for this.

But, like the title says, im looking for a blu ray player that has connectors on the back for surround sound. I have speakers from an old samsung blu ray surround sound system that broke. I want to still use the speakers, but i don't remember the dvd players name.

However, if this is not possible then i would like to purchase a sytem that i can hook these speakers up to. That would also allow me to, play music via phone (bluetooth or cable), hook up a blue ray player, a ps3, and varus other things like a computer for example.

The speakers are Samasung 5.1 surroundsound. The only other usefull thing on them is that they have an impendence of 3Ω(ohms). I already tryd looking up there model number nothing worth anything popped up.

Please and thankyou for any help provided. If you need any information let me know and i I'll see if i can find it.

Update:
It's possible the RECEIVER/Amplifier unit is already part of the system but I can't say as you gave no model number. Example:
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-audio/HT-J4100/ZA

The SUBWOOFER in the above system contains the amplifier and for the most part it's a standalone system.

You don't explain what BROKE however. If it's the BluRay player only, then simply swap in a different one via the HDMI cable and see what happens. Since it appears only the HDMI (audio and video signal) is passed to the subwoofer I think the speaker setup should work with any HDMI video device.

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
The blue ray reader came with a 5.1 surroundound setup. All i had to do was attach the speakers to the bluray player and it worked. The blu ray player is what broke.

So, yes i suppose all i would need is something to plug the speakers into, so that i could run all my other sytems through.

Speakers arnt my thing. I just need something to run all my sytems through so that they can work with these speakers. My fear is that ill buy the wrong thing and there blow out.