Trying to get sound to play from my Samsung smart TV to play through my Panasonic home theater system

Since your HTS only has an analog audio input your TV would need analog - headphone out for you to connect them.
Most likely the TV has optical audio output so you would need to convert that to analog. You will also need a toslink optical cable and stereo cable to connect them.
Check the TV manual on how to turn on and configure the optical out. You may need to turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio type to PCM in the TV audio menu to get it working.

Since your HTS only has an analog audio input your TV would need analog - headphone out for you to connect them.
Most likely the TV has optical audio output so you would need to convert that to analog. You will also need a toslink optical cable and stereo cable to connect them.
Check the TV manual on how to turn on and configure the optical out. You may need to turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio type to PCM in the TV audio menu to get it working.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 5
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 7
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 5
I Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 15
Similar threads
I am unable to get my surround sound Dennon to work with my Samsung Smart TV while on Netflix. Can you help me?
How to set my Sony smart TV and Samsung BD-player to make the hdmi-ARC work? Current there is no sound. I am already using a h
Solved! I have amazon prime and get the picture on my samsung smart tv, but the sound is from the tv program
I have a Samsung Smart TV and a Sony receiver and sound system. I use DirecTV and when I swithc over to my Netflix, I can see
Solved! I'm trying to connect my old bose DVD surround sound system to my new Samsung smart TV but can't get TV sound to come out. The
Solved! Connect Samsung Smart TV sound to LG Home Thietre
Solved! Connect logitech 540 surround sound to samsung smart tv UN55MU6500F
Solved! With a newer samsung tv, Can I have both the tv speakers and a sound bar operating at the same time?
Connecting Samsung Sound Bar to a LG Smart TV
Panasonic DVD Home Theater Sounds System SC-PT770 Connected to Samsung Smart TV BN59-01179B
My Samsung smart tv won't play through my LG lg427 surround sound... It plays only for DVD but not cable.What can I do to fix?
Right so my samsung UE49MU707 connected to JVC sound bar, TV output set to PCM, volume on Sound bar mutes every 3 seconds or s
I have a Blu-ray Panasonic sound surround system and a Samsung smart tv. I have Directtv Now system. How do I hook up my sound
Connect Samsung Smart tv with sound bar to Panasonic wireless headphones - 4 years old
Samsung TV and Q-Acoustics Sounbar issue
Optical on a Samsung sound bar Lg tv
Trying to hook up a Samsung Smart TV to Older Onkyo 5.1 sound system
I have a Samsung Smart TV and an Onkyo receiver. The TV has HDMI ARC. The receiver has only HDMI, How do I get sound through m
how to connect my Samsung smart tv with sound sistem Quadro
Alright, I have a Graphics Card and a Surround Sound 5.1 and a 60'' SUHD Smart Tv Samsung

ASK THE COMMUNITY