turntable no audio

Mar 27, 2018
I recently installed my receiver with turntable via pre amp. Connections are turntable rca wires to pre amp in to receiver audio in . Yet, no sound from the receiver audio . I brought the turntable to an electronics store and told that they're receiving audio. What am I missing? my receiver is a Yamaha RX-V475

Solution
Did you assign the analog audio connection to an input in the receiver input set up menu? You need to select analog for the input you used.
Did they test the turntable AND the phono preamp?
If not then check that the phono preamp power supply is plugged into an active AC outlet.
You can connect the TT directly to the receiver. It will be low volume and sound bad but you should be able to hear it.
Did you assign the analog audio connection to an input in the receiver input set up menu? You need to select analog for the input you used.
Did they test the turntable AND the phono preamp?
If not then check that the phono preamp power supply is plugged into an active AC outlet.
You can connect the TT directly to the receiver. It will be low volume and sound bad but you should be able to hear it.

Solution