TV Signage Project

jasharp

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
I'm hoping you guys can help me out with a project. I need to setup a tv as a digital sign that gets updated on a regular basis. The people updating this are not the most techie so it needs to be simple. My fist thought was just to hook it up to a computer and run power point on it but I'm not thrilled about adding the cost of a computer to this setup plus having it run 24/7. My second idea was to get a smart tv and convert the power point to a video file. Then send it to the tv via DLNA but this is an involved process that takes time whenever the information needs updating.

Do you guys know of a better solution?

Thanks for you time in advance.

Jason

I do something similar and my solution was to buy a $20 DVD player that has an sd card input from Microcenter. I leave it on repeat. If the TV has a usb or sd card reader you wont need this (if it lets you repeat the video). I use Photodex Proshow gold to create a slideshow with captions and copy to the card.

jasharp

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013

Thanks for your input! The only problem with this is that the tv will be mounted up on a wall well out of reach.