TV spec says HDMI ARC but no settings to enable

barnsl3ylad

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Hi everyone, i hope someone can help. I bought a LG 49LB550V Tele to go with my soundbar, i perposely got them both with hdmi arc for convenience. My tv came and the hdmi port wasn't labelled arc, and on sound settings, to select speakers, it only has optical and some lg sync setting, no arc. I double checked the specs and lg website says has arc, maybe a firmware update? But shouldn't it still be labelled arc? Or is there another way to turn it on? Hope someone can help.
here is the lunk to tv specs confirming it. http://m.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49LB550V/technical-specifications

You are correct that the HDMI input that supports ARC should be marked. The link mentions an "ARC port" but this is not a separate connection as you know.
Searching the owners manual for "ARC" indicates it is not mentioned so I think you may have to contact LG and see if there is anything they can do. You may have to get a different TV.

You are correct that the HDMI input that supports ARC should be marked. The link mentions an "ARC port" but this is not a separate connection as you know.
Searching the owners manual for "ARC" indicates it is not mentioned so I think you may have to contact LG and see if there is anything they can do. You may have to get a different TV.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 6
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
techwow Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 4
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 0
D Streaming Video & TVs 8
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
winston89 Streaming Video & TVs 0
Bradagan1 Streaming Video & TVs 1