TV Turn On & Off few times before actually Turns ON

Jack_uk

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
I have got 42in Hitachi LCD TV that recently developed this problem that when it is on standby or powered off & turn it ON with the remote, it does not turn on straight away. I see the red light goes to Yellow & then click it turns off. This circle continues for good 5-10mins before it actually turns ON and then works fine.
Not sure what's wrong with it? And can it be fixed easily or shall I think of getting it repaired. Or I should start planning to get a new one...
Any help or suggestion. Thanks

Sounds like power supply related problem or something wrong in the turn on circuit. You could try replacing the power supply board. If you are in the US you can try
www.shopjimmy.com for help. They have many replacement boards. If you are in the UK check with Hitachi.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
emilyjames Streaming Video & TVs 4
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 4
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
N Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 29
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question I have found some froud people to watch football live but how is possible to get it at just time?
My Mitsubishi TV when I turn it on the light blinks 3 times and will not turn on, I have tried to reset it, unplug it nothing
Have a 65UH5500 4K UHD Smart LED TV - 65" that went black while watching. Light will flash about 3 to 4 times and turns off. L
I turned on my brand new RCA 60" tv for the first time and only have sound no picture
We have a 72 or 73 inch Mitsubishi TV. The screen was too dark the last time we watched it. The next day when I turned it on t
my 60" sharp Aquos keeps turning off, many time I reset factory holding down switches and then works for a while then later on
Same problem as well if you diddle the power switch the relay engages then will either turn on or it won't. Do it a few times
My tv won't work. It turns on to set it screen then turns off the red light comes on and blinks 11 times. Does that mean anyth
Technika TV - First time installation every time I turn it on
Panasonic viera red light blinks more than 20 times and it doesn't turn on even after I just installed a new mpf6904a motherbo
Lg remote on turns on and off tv. Will nolonger connect to anything. It has worrd fine for a year. Rebooted many times. Intern
My panasonicTC-P50UT50 50in Plasma tv power light is flashing 8 times and won't turn on. What does this mean?
While watching Netflix, screen went to black. Now TV goes to black every time it is turned on.
Why does my Smart Hub have to update every time I turn on the TV?
cant turn on samsung tv flashes 10 times what do i do
What do I check? My Emerson 40 inch LCD TV is perfect every time you turn it on but afte 3 to 5 minutes the picture starts to
I have to auto program every time I turn on the tv
First Time Installation Every Time I Turn On TV
Samsung UN46C6400 turns off by itself all the time
Samsung CHL4715W tv is turning on, power light blinks 3 times and then shuts off

ASK THE COMMUNITY