Twitter Mistakenly Resets Passwords After Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Never knew that there was a site called "Toms Games" by clicking on "Zak Islam" hyperlink.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Jesus Zak, please read through you're articles before you post them. I find grammatical errors, or spelling mistakes on every single one.

G

...and what's this "navigate towards" shit? Most people just click on links these days.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I make a habit of changing my passwords on different websites using KeePass's password generator. Another important thing to note is use different user IDs on the sites so it'll be harder to guess your user ID and password combo.

Other websites uses two-factor authentication which is nice.

G

If Twitter changes my password, and then sends an email IN CLEAR TEXT about changing my password again... anyone can intercept my email and change my password to whatever they want.

How is that "safe"????

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]zulutech[/nom]Well this is ironic. your*[/citation]
You do not have the responsibility of posting material that at least hundreds will read, and yet you came back to correct your typo! ;)
That's a quality that is greatly lacking in most of the Tom's writers of late..
I have actually noticed, their "News" writers do not have the professionalism to care about such things, but their product review writers still do to some extent. But unfortunately, I have also noticed that Tom's hardly does any reviews anymore.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]techcurious[/nom]You do not have the responsibility of posting material that at least hundreds will read, and yet you came back to correct your typo! That's a quality that is greatly lacking in most of the Tom's writers of late..I have actually noticed, their "News" writers do not have the professionalism to care about such things, but their product review writers still do to some extent. But unfortunately, I have also noticed that Tom's hardly does any reviews anymore.[/citation]

That will not happend if they START TO LET USERS EDIT THEIR POSTS !

Status
Not open for further replies.