Dec 15, 2020
I recently got an Asus vivobook s532f (i7 10th gen and 12 gigs RAM). It has a very basic Aptio Setup Utility as the BIOS. My question is can I upgrade the BIOS to a more advanced BIOS with more options? Current BIOS version is 305.

Solution
I recently got an Asus vivobook s532f (i7 10th gen and 12 gigs RAM). It has a very basic Aptio Setup Utility as the BIOS. My question is can I upgrade the BIOS to a more advanced BIOS with more options? Current BIOS version is 305.
305 is the latest BIOS version for your system. Do not try to install something not specific for your computer, else you'll end up with an expensive paperweight.

BIOSs are tailored to specific aspects of each machine hardware. You are unlikely to be able to load any BIOS SW other than that supplied by the manufacturer for a specific machine without bricking your hardware. There are customizable BIOSs out there, but you need specific expertise to make them work!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
305 is the latest BIOS version for your system. Do not try to install something not specific for your computer, else you'll end up with an expensive paperweight.

Solution
Dec 15, 2020

Alright understood. Why I'm asking is because I had a different and older ASUS laptop with a much more advanced UEFI BIOS, it's just surprising why they've included such a basic BIOS for such a recent machine.