Ultra slow charging with Nexus 7

G

My Nexus 7 has been nothing but trouble ever since i bought it in January. It has developed yet another major problem during the past couple of months; charging really slowly. Despite using the original cable and the original 2A charger, it takes around 5 hours to charge just 40%. It never used to be this slow.

The cable split open some time ago, and the silver wire inside was left exposed. A small amount of the wiring came out so i simply squashed it back in and taped it up thoroughly. I'm wondering weather this has had an impact on charging times?

The Micro-USB is also a bit wobbly in the Nexus 7's socket, again maybe this is the problem?

Any help would be most appreciated. Cheers...

Solution
I had the same problem at first.
As with any Android device, you should not be using it while it is charging. This is because it overheats and slows down everything.
In addition to that, however, the owners manual or some other papers that came with my Nexus 7 advised that it should be turned off while charging. When I do that, it charges fully in a very short time. I hate it when I'm wanting to use it, but it's really the only way.
Also, the cords wear out, so they should be replaced regularly.

pbr2

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
I had the same problem at first.
As with any Android device, you should not be using it while it is charging. This is because it overheats and slows down everything.
In addition to that, however, the owners manual or some other papers that came with my Nexus 7 advised that it should be turned off while charging. When I do that, it charges fully in a very short time. I hate it when I'm wanting to use it, but it's really the only way.
Also, the cords wear out, so they should be replaced regularly.

Solution
G

Hello,

When charging my Nexus i would always keep it switched off because i knew that having it turned on would make charging even slower! Despite doing this, my charging speed was still terrible.

The problem was getting too bad so i sent the device back to Asus about a month ago. They sent me a new one three weeks later. The one i have now is much better at charging.

colwaximi

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
They sent me a new one three weeks later. The one i have now is much better at charging.
kRf6