Unable to boot Toshiba Laptop at all

Maxxxxx

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Hi Folks..

Having a big problem here.. I can not boot up a Toshiba Satellite L750D at all..

Every option that I try.. SAFE MODE. .. BOOT FROM DISK.. COMMAND PROMPT all lead me to a completely black screen with the movable mouse arrow floating on it.

I can not even reinstall windows..

Anyone know how to get around this problem?

Thanks..

Solution
Sounds like you may have a failing/failed Hard Drive. Since you cannot boot from Disc, you may have to run a S.M.A.R.T test on the Hard Drive from another computer. You may find that physically removing the hard drive from the laptop may allow you to boot from Disc - If so, you probably have a bad Hard Drive.

ratedk

Distinguished
Sounds like you may have a failing/failed Hard Drive. Since you cannot boot from Disc, you may have to run a S.M.A.R.T test on the Hard Drive from another computer. You may find that physically removing the hard drive from the laptop may allow you to boot from Disc - If so, you probably have a bad Hard Drive.

Solution

Maxxxxx

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Hi...

Did a few more tests.. I can not boot from a Win 7 or Vista disk... but I can from an old Win XP disk.. I was also able to boot from a Dr.Web USB to scan for boot sector viruses and system came up clean..

I don't have another PC to test the drive on.. my other systems are all Mac...

Any other suggestions I could try?
Are there any USB bootable options which will give me tools to check the drive for errors?