Unable to get 60hz from PC with receiver

jrozycki

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Just bought the Samsung UN65KS8000 TV. I game on PC with a GTX 970. I can get 3840x2160. Problem is it sits at 30hz when I connect PC to reveiver and receiver to TV. It's a Yamaha RX-V573. When I take that same cable and connect directly from pc to tv, it keeps the resolution and goes to 60hz like I want. Is the only option to get an optical cable to get audio through receiver? Also, the output cable for receiver is same as other hdmi cable. Both 2.0.

isaac4643

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
higher res = larger vram consumption, the 970 has 3.5gb or ram
if the games you play are in 4k (obviously its gonna be capped somewhere)
but if its not that im sorry i wasnt of any help, (try older titles like lol or dota or turn down the resolutions on the games you play and see how much frames you get with fraps or any fps counter)

jrozycki

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
I was able to connect it directly to the TV and have audio pass through with optic fiber. Issue was that it was either connect directly to TV and get 60hz but lose 5.1 audio. Solution was to use onboard optic fiber and connect that to receiver and keep the hdmi connected to TV. Mad Max plays amazing even with this 970. SIts at around 42fps but is smooth on highest settings.

kakaman

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
I had the same problem. You can solve it this way.
Get a 60hz display port to hdmi adpator. Plug this into your gpu and TV.
Plug the receiver into the hdmi out of the GPU. Plug the receiver into another input of the tv.
Now set up two displays. With the receiver, it doesn't matter which resolution you set but it has to be 60hz.
Once you do this, set the tv to 4k and 60 hz. Next step is to set up audio under audio properties, in NVIDIA control panel.
Disable the tv audio. Enable the Receiver. It should pick up all the high res once you've selected 5.1.That's it, you've now got hi-res through hdmi and Video through the Displayport adaptor at 60hz. Hope this helps.