Unhappy AT&T Customer Shoots AT&T Employee

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I work for a cable company and am threatened daily. I've had people threaten to "kick my ass" (which honestly makes me giggle), tell me they know where I work and will come "get me" (and possibly take me out dancing?) and other things. People take their cable, cell phone service and such far too seriously.

I am worried that someone will get in a duck blind in the park across the street and pick us off as we leave the building....

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Hey how come the media isn't jumping on the "hey let's blame video games again!!" on this shooting? Just because he's 79 doesn't mean he's too old to play video games.:)

Riktoven

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
This is directed at all the Euro-Trash bad mouthing our Constitution:

This incident occurred in New York, where civilians ARE NOT allowed to carry their weapons, but one was carried anyway.

Shooting one's fellow humans is also NOT ALLOWED, but it happens every day, in my country and yours.

Ban the ownership of guns altogether just like the UK and Australia, and you know what, that rule will be ignored as well.

Pandora's Box has been opened. You can't unmake the gun. If you ban them in this country, some enterprising young engineer such as myself will simply pack a bunch of CNC equipment into the back of an 18 wheel truck, and produce black market weapons from my moving factory. They aren't complicated things to build.

The point I'm trying to make is that just because you wrote it down in a lawbook, doesn't mean those words have any real preventative power. If it did, there would never be shootings in so-called weapons free zones.

Crazy people will always be crazy and criminals, by definition, don't obey your laws. Good people will always have the right to defend themselves from the crazies and criminals. On the off chance the crazy or criminal that finds me can't read well enough to understand your law or just doesn't care, I'd like to be carrying somthing a little harder to ignore.

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Riktoven[/nom]This is directed at all the Euro-Trash bad mouthing our Constitution:...[/citation]
Nice Intro
[citation][nom]Riktoven[/nom]Ban the ownership of guns altogether just like the UK and Australia, and you know what, that rule will be ignored as well.[/citation]
I don't dispute that there will always be criminals (who by definition, don't give a rats ass about the law), but statistics suggest that banning guns might have quite a bit of impact:

Homicides per 100k population
USA: 3.72 (2000)
England: 0.15
Germany: 0.22
France: 0.44
Italy: 1.66
Japan: 0.02
wiki source
So, as great as your constitution is, you may want to apply some common sense and more modern outlook on this gun issue, boy-o.
You live by the gun, you die by the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.