Unhappy AT&T Customer Shoots AT&T Employee

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
"but no court order had been filed to keep him off the premises."

I love how the mention this like if there was a Court order he wouldn't have gone in

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Wow, all kinds of insipid comments from stupid people today. What, are you all jealous you don't have the kind of insanity required to walk into an AT&T store and take your frustrations out an an innocent employee?

Get a life you wankers.

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
This is a perfect example of why we need handguns. First off I want to say that yes in THEORY it sounds like if we banned guns this wouldn't have happened. However this is just pure delusion guns end up in the hands of people who want to do wrong everyday by illegal means. This is actually a victory for laws that permit hand guns. Granted this was an off duty cop, but if he had instead been a civilian with a concealed permit I believe the out come would of been similar if not the same.

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
Obviously not condoning violence against individuals, but I gotta admit, I've entertained pretty graphic fantasies about setting AT&T's (and other corporations) Headquarters on fire...
These days, companies can do anything they want, and the consumer/customer, can either suck it up or... well, they can suck it up. period.

Like my bank, which is d!ckin' me around for over a month now, potentially costing my thousands of dollars. I hate corporate America! (America just happens to be where I live. It's not better anywhere else in the western world.)

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]johnh2005[/nom]Wow, reading thru the comments here and seeing what was given a thumbs up and what was given a thumbs down has really shaken me some. I really thought that people here at Tom's had a clue about life in general not just about computers. It really makes me sad to see some of the comments here that got a thumbs up...[/citation]
Such as?

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
This is ridiculous.
I'm rather happy that the employee didn't die but the 79 year old did.
I wonder if that's a bad thing.

quadibloc

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Fortunately, his intended victim survived the shooting. I would also suspect that if the shooter had legitimate issues, instead of having provoked the earlier difficulties he experienced, he would not have been the sort of person to come down their with a gun.

In addition, if indeed he had a legitimate problem with the phone company, it is unlikely that front-line employees, as opposed to high-level corporate policy, was responsible.

So it seems to me there is enough information to reach the conclusion that he was a violent individual, who posed a danger to peaceful ordinary people going about their jobs - and not, say, a heroic revolutionary figure, as some posters seem to prefer.

wongster

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]wish we had the whole story here[/citation]

that was the whole story. theres no justification for shooting another over phone service, no matter how bad it is. the fuck is your problem

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Kids piss around with the thumbs up and down on comments I guess. either that or they get the symbols confused with the comment before it?

Generally neutral comments keep getting thumbs down.

Self modulated forums do not work.

Repelsteeltje

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]littlec[/nom]This is a perfect example of why we need handguns. [...][/citation]

No, it isn't. Quite the opposite, in fact. It's a perfect example of why perhaps cops should have weapons, but not random hotheads that might use them in random acts of insanity. Call me a typical European, but common people walking around with loaded guns on streets and in shops in New York city doesn't make me want to visit there. Do you really feel safe knowing how many hot-headed idiots walk the streets with loaded guns ready to do permanent damage? Don't go into auto-pilot ranting about gun rights, think about this for a second. You can't honestly think that the gun part of this story makes it more appealing for tourists to come and visit your city, nor does a post asking for more guns in response to an article about gun crime. If he would have used his 79-year old fists, we all would have gotten a good laugh instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.