Solved! unistalled skype but i keep hearing skype notify sound every now and then

PcNabGamer

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
exactly as the title say.. i simply unistalled skype fro the control panel (win7) and all went normaly

but i still hear skype notify sound every now and then

help please thanks in advance

Solution
Did you check the sounds and LOOK at each one?
Does a event happen on the screen (minimize a window or a app is running) may be SET to that sound in it's OWN program options.

The answer is NO, if you uninstalled Skype NO it isn't still 'installed' or hiding or other things your perceiving.
If you go to your SOUND panel under control panel you will find the SOUNDs assigned to different things. For example the sound when you minimize a window, or get a email, etc. Just because it 'sounds like Skype' doesn't mean it is EXCLUSIVE to Skype alone that uses that sound. Any 'action' can be assigned the sound.

Also secondary to that, have you considered making sure your PHONE also has skype removed? I know I turned off the computer one night and kept hearing the sound, forgotten I had SKYPE NOTIFICATIONS turned on my phone. Confused me for a few minutes till I looked at my phone - LOL!

PcNabGamer

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015

i'm using the no-sound sceme so there should be no sound at all

also never installed skype on my phone

Did you check the sounds and LOOK at each one?
Does a event happen on the screen (minimize a window or a app is running) may be SET to that sound in it's OWN program options.

The answer is NO, if you uninstalled Skype NO it isn't still 'installed' or hiding or other things your perceiving.

Solution

PcNabGamer

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015

yeah i checked every "event" and all are set to NONE