GreenEyedBiter

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014
I got given an iphone4 when I was in The States, it was originally on the network AT&T, which is an American network and cannot be received here in the UK. I've been told that I can get it 'unlocked' so that it will work on any network in any country, however upon contacting Apple, they told me that I needed to speak to O2 as they are the network I am hoping to get on to, since I have my o2 sim-card from my last phone. When I spoke to o2 they told me to speak to AT&T, who told me they couldn't help since I'm in England!

I know people can unlock phones, and you need a code of some sort, or maybe not always. Can anyone help me with a site I can use or someone I can contact?

I can't afford to pay out for this....and I'm not going to trust a random site with my bank details so please no suggestions that will just lead me to an expensive dodgy site!

Thanks and much appreciated!!

We can't help with phone unlocking as all we ever advise is to contact the network provider which you've already tried.
An independent mobile phone shop (one that doesn't represent any particular network) may be able to help if they have the necessary equipment. I'm referring to "one off" local mobile phone shops which don't have branches in other towns.

They usually charge something like £10, more in London.