Upgrade Vaio Motherboard and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1k3G

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
My Vaio NGN-FW51ZF just got fried whn my daughter spilled water over it. I have found a new motherboard, and yes, the cost is well worthwhile to repair the machine. My question now is if its possible to upgrade this model with a new motherboard, a new CPU, or both. The Main Board is M764 REV:1.0, 1P-0096J00-8010. The CPU is AW80576T9600, and the socket is mPGA478MN. So if there are no other compatible motherboards for this model, can I install a more powerful CPU on this model motherboard? is the GPU upgradeable? Thanks for all responses.

Solution
There are no "optional" motherboards for laptop like there is for desktops. The internals layout of laptops varies from laptop to laptop and that dictates the actual shape of the motherboard. Thus, there is generally one motherboard for each laptop model.

The Core 2 Dou T9600 is likely the only CPU the motherboard will recognize. You can call Sony directly to find a more definitive answer though.
There are no "optional" motherboards for laptop like there is for desktops. The internals layout of laptops varies from laptop to laptop and that dictates the actual shape of the motherboard. Thus, there is generally one motherboard for each laptop model.

The Core 2 Dou T9600 is likely the only CPU the motherboard will recognize. You can call Sony directly to find a more definitive answer though.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.