blowfish_cro

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hey one more time.

After a dilemma which headset to buy, I decided to go with Speedlink Xanthos. Looked like a decent headset which will work with my PC and PS4.

Headset has few outputs, one of it is USB, other one is 3.5 mm jack and third is 2.5 mm jack adapter for Xbox 360. It also has have switch where you can choose between PC and console and in manuals it says that if I'm using PC, I should only plug in USB. So that's what I did, put switch to PC and plugged in USB. However, it isn't recognizing it, I'm getting a message "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." It doesn't recognize it under playback devices.

What I tried to do:
-Installing new chipset and sound drivers
-Updating USB drivers from Device Manager
-Use different USB port, front and back of the case
-unplugged power supply
-try to experiment with playback devices settings
-and I can't even remember what else

None of it is working. I managed to make headphones working by also plugging the 3.5 mm jack, but mic isn't working anyway.

Any help please? Any suggestions? I Googled everything and I can't find anything helpfull.

I'm desperate, lol

blowfish_cro

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I tested them on my laptop and it's the same thing. I can hear the sound if I connect both USB and 3.5mm so it's not a hardware problem.

@smorizio It's the first thing I checked. If only USB is plugged in (like manual says it should be), it doesn't recognizes either headphones or microphone. If both 3.5 and USB are connected, it recognizes only headphones.

blowfish_cro

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

I don't think so. When I plug 3.5 into headphones jack, I hear sound. When I plug it into mic jack, I can't hear a sound and mic still isn't working.

I'll ask for a refund tomorrow for this :(

Thank you all for trying to help.