michaelzervas90

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
Hello everybody I have one question. My old gigabyte mobo makes a buzzing noise through my 7.1 USB headset and I was wondering if it worth's to buy a PCI USB 3.0 to plug the headset there. Thanks in advance!

First test the headphone in another device (laptop, etc) and all your USB ports on that machine to see if the issue isn't with the headset itself. Many of those "gaming" sets are actually piss poor quality (even the $100+ models), and wouldn't be surprised if that one was also bad.

If you can confirm the headphones work on other devices, test the headphones using a powered USB hub (one in your monitor or any other hub that has a power adapter), that might be enough to isolate the headphones from a bad power supply/mobo. Usually a PCIe USB adapter will not help you if the issue is your power supply or the motherboard's connections.

michaelzervas90

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
Hello there, thanks for your answer.
The headset is tested and works without any issue or buzzing on a laptop, so i suppose the issue is my cheap motherboard.
I uninstalled realtek sound manager and i saw a very slight positive difference, also i disabled the mic (headset).
how is this kind of device is going to help me? http://www.amazon.com/AC-USB-Power-Supply-Perfect/dp/B000RWJ19C
mind that i have schuko type sockets in my home.
thanks in advance!

That type, without it's own power source (wall adapter), will not help isolate the headphone from the USB port.

As for the others, I don't know, can't read Greek (well, I know the characters and how to read them, but can't verify the meaning). If it comes with a wall adapter though (maybe second one), then it MIGHT help. Still can't rule out some secondary issue, but if the issue is your mobo/power supply it should help.