USB Headset not detected; failing to install

JasonGriffis

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Before dismissing the tag line as another link of the same issues others have mentioned, I'll say that I have read the other Tom's links and not found a solution to my problem by following those offered solutions.

I am having an unusual issue where my USB headset (Turtle Beach Z22 chat) is no longer fully loading the USB driver for the microphone. The sound works as it always has, but the USB microphone device driver is failing to load when the device is plugged in. I have used every port, unplugged other devices and tried again, restarted widows after loading and unloading every single HS Audio driver I have. I have read dozens of forum posts and tried everything that has been advised up to and including reloading a fresh win7.

Backstory: I recently upgraded my rig from FX-6300, GA-UD3 mobo, Radeon HD7850, WD 1Gb HDD, and NZXT Tempest 210 case to the i7-4770k with a ROG ASUS Max 6 HERO mobo, Zotac GTX 780 (OC), 500Gb Samsung 840 Pro, and HAF 922 case. My wife is using the AMD rig now, and when I plug the headset into her computer...works perfectly as it always had for me. The device is recognized and the drivers are all loaded (4 of them). Both systems are using the same exact operating system with all windows updates installed and exact same virus scan, firewall, and gaming software. The differences between the systems are: the case, mother board, gpu, HDD vs. SSD, and cpu. I have been to the ASUS site for my mobo and downloaded the most updated drivers, bios, etc.

I am completely exhausted as to what to do at this point. I did have win7 pro on my new rig at first, but figured that something was wrong with it, so I did a fresh install of win7 home premium using the same disk as my AMD system. After performing the fresh install of win 7 home premium on the Intel system (I could have sworn that) the z22 headset loaded up correctly and the mic was detected. I began to install the other drivers that came with my install disk and later found out (while playing WoW with friends online) that the mic wasn't being detected. The ASUS site doesn't address any issues associated with my issue, nor does the Turtle Beach site.

I'm in this for the long haul and I am open to trying anything to get my issue solved without having to do another install of windows...and that includes buying another headset if I cannot get this one to work on my new overclocked "gaming rig."

JasonGriffis

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
So I uninstalled the USB 3 drivers that came included with the motherboard, and immediately afterward the USB composite device was recognized and loaded correctly...works as it should. If you have any issues with your USB devices, you may want to check your other USB device controllers/drivers that came installed with your mobo package disk.

angelictrinity

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014

I am having the same issues but did you uninstall them in device manager? if so did you also tick the box to delete the driver software for the device?

JasonGriffis

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

I uninstalled an app called Etron and then Win7 loaded up the generic USB 3 drivers and my headset was detected right away. Uninstalling the app from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features should uninstall the drivers that came with it as well, then reboot and have windows auto load the generic ones and that should fix your problem as well. I don't know if you installed a proprietary software app that installs USB 3 drivers as well, but if you did, the app may be the source of your conflict and just needs to be uninstalled like mine. Good Luck!

anotherbane

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014
the app may be the source of your conflict and just needs to be uninstalled like mine. Good Luck!
yvISPb

SheriFF87

Estimable
Jul 3, 2014

Thank you so much! Had the same issue, got fixed as soon as I uninstalled the usb3 drivers!