Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by running Windows Update again and install all the updates available.
- Next is to download and install the latest USB driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the USB controller driver.
- Next is to download and install the latest USB driver from Dell's support site.
- Here's the link: http/downloads.dell.com/FOLDER02799125M/1/Chipset_Driver_48R9K_WN32_22.214.171.124_A00.EXE
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it doesn't work do run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options