USB3 xHCI not working since Win10 on Clevo laptop

NatteDraak

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Hi there,

Ever since I've upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (fresh install), my USB3 ports are failing. Laptop is Clevo W650SZ (Sager NP2650).

Device manager says:

USB xHCI-compatible hoscontroller

Dit apparaat start niet. (Code 10) (dutch for: device won't start)

{Bewerking mislukt} (dutch for: operation failed)
De aangevraagde bewerking is niet gelukt. (dutch for: the requested operation has failed)

On Windows 7 & 8.1 I was able to install Intel's eXtensible Hostcontroller driver to make the USB3 ports work, but now I get a message: This computer does not meet the requirements to install this software.

Thanks for reading, hope you can help! greets Rowan

Hi,

Uninstall/reinstall the driver that normally does the trick in fixing that kind of issue.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the USB driver
- Download and install the driver from Sager support site
- Here's the link: http://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers/misc/w650x/win10/01_Chipset.exe
- Install the chipset driver because it should contain the driver for your USB as well.
- Reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect then test it after the restart.

NatteDraak

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008

Thanks for the help. I tried it but to no avail. I even edited the INF files of Intel's extensible USB3 drivers that worked on Win7, to get them to install on Win 10. But the problem remained.

NatteDraak

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Well, I've reverted back to Win7, only to find out that even there the Intel eXtensible driver does not work any longer. When I install it, all of my USB ports disable.

Could the controller be broken..?