May 10, 2018
So my Sony Vaio Touchscreen computer (I believe it was Windows 8) has given me trouble recently. Whenever I attempt to turn it on I get the Vaio™ logo as normal, but then it goes to a black screen for several moments. Eventually it will flash a blue error code screen with a sideways frowny face for half a second (too fast for me to catch and and be able to google it), and then it will proceed to say it is starting automatic repair and repeat the cycle from the start. Can anyone help me with this error?

Solution
Most likely, you're getting one of these BSOD errors:
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM.

Even on a system set to automatically restart, you aren't getting a dump file if it's going that fast. Here is what I suggest:

When I boot from a USB Drive into Windows Setup, I don't an option to boot to Advanced Startup Options (Safe mode, etc). Without a specific code, there isn't a whole lot we can do. We do know it's not getting to the point where the Windows Volume is being initialized properly, so...

1. Get a phone or a camera. Preferably one that can film at 120 fps or higher. Just point it and film. You can upload it to YouTube as a private video (for me to download and look @) or use Windows Live Movie Maker and advance it...

ebm9000

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
Most likely, you're getting one of these BSOD errors:
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM.

Even on a system set to automatically restart, you aren't getting a dump file if it's going that fast. Here is what I suggest:

When I boot from a USB Drive into Windows Setup, I don't an option to boot to Advanced Startup Options (Safe mode, etc). Without a specific code, there isn't a whole lot we can do. We do know it's not getting to the point where the Windows Volume is being initialized properly, so...

1. Get a phone or a camera. Preferably one that can film at 120 fps or higher. Just point it and film. You can upload it to YouTube as a private video (for me to download and look @) or use Windows Live Movie Maker and advance it frame-by-frame. This is just to get the error code to go by.

2. You can take a USB flash drive (~8GB but no less than 4) and find another working windows 10 computer. Open the start menu and search "Recovery Drive". boot from this newly-created USB drive and the advanced startup options for Safe Mode should be there. (this is not the same thing as a Windows Setup drive)

Solution
May 10, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from maxon_sanster : "Sony Vaio PC"

So my pc (SVF15A18CXB) Or the model (SVF15AA1QL) has given me major problems lately. I made another thread talking about it and ultimately I was told my best bet was to just take a windows USB or disc to boot the thing. After messing around in the BIOS settings trying to get it to EVEN START to boot, (because I kept getting a 'failure to boot' message and would get brought back to the BIOS settings menu) I changed the BIOS settings to Legacy *that's the only way it will boot* and put external device as the first priority for booting (I'm using a USB to boot) it finally did something other than fail to boot!! It showed a blue windows logo with a small buffering wheel under it. Now I can see the mouse cursor and move it but the computer does not seem to do anything. After leaving it for over six-nine hours, the computer has stayed at the black screen with nothing but the cursor. Please help! (I've tried removing the battery already).