Verizon cell phone switching questions

shoob0x

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
My dad has an old droid and a samsung galaxy s4. He prefers the droid due to the keyboard, would it be possible to have verizon switch his package back to the other phone and have my service put on the galaxy s4? I don't want a data package though, just talk and text.

Solution
With Verizon, and most other carriers, you can't have a smartphone without a data package these days. You can switch him back to the older Droid pretty easily depending on which one it is. Some had the SIM card but were too big. For example, my old Droid Bionic had a SIM card but was larger than the one in my S4. If it has the same size SIM card you pull it from the S4 and put it in the Droid. If it is larger you need Verizon to switch it and if it is a pre 4G LTE Droid you need to call Verizon.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
With Verizon, and most other carriers, you can't have a smartphone without a data package these days. You can switch him back to the older Droid pretty easily depending on which one it is. Some had the SIM card but were too big. For example, my old Droid Bionic had a SIM card but was larger than the one in my S4. If it has the same size SIM card you pull it from the S4 and put it in the Droid. If it is larger you need Verizon to switch it and if it is a pre 4G LTE Droid you need to call Verizon.

Solution

shoob0x

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

Yes, I figured xD doing it right now. They don't allow a smartphone to have service without a data package. Cheeky buggers. Thanks though.