Verizon: "Steve Jobs Has No Monopoly On Innovations"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Verizon's innovative mobile broadband service - up to 5GB of data transfer... oh yeah, and don't forget that the terms of service explicitly state you can only use their service for internet browsing and email. Anything else could be a violation and could result in your account being canceled. Thus I find it interesting that they mention mobile gaming - I guess they mean only through their proprietary software you can download a limited selection of games to use.

Although sprint is now going to cap their service at 5GB per month also, at least they say you can do anything with that 5GB transference as long as it is legal.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Okay this apple fanboy crap is getting ridiculous. There are 4 or 5 apple articles on this site just today. Heres some news for you...I go to tomshardware (traditionally a PC hardware site) for PC news, not apple news, and I don't care.

"email and web surfing activities popularized by the ubiquitous iphone."?

The ubiquitous iphone? Are you effing KIDDING me? Ubiquitous means that something is EVERYWHERE. According to this article from your OWN company (http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33663/145/)...in 2007, after the initial new sales push, the iphone had 2% of the US market and 1% of the global market.

THAT'S NOT UBIQUITOUS. And guess what else. NOT MUCH HAS CHANGED. I for one NEVER see the bloody things around.

"...the pressure coming out from Apple, the company credited for turning the mobile internet into a user-friendly feature."

According to WHO?!? I mean...are you stupid? Cause I'm pretty sure corporate blackberry users have had their email and the web for YEARS now...a market that apple has yet to do much for.

Its just wholesale, bandwagon, Jobs, propaganda crap. I mean the last line in the article says it all...and in an article that is supposed to be about verizon no less; I can only imagine what apple must be paying you.

A couple were okay, and maybe some people will find it interesting...but if you want to keep on putting 4 and 5 apple articles up per day, I will be happy to go read any of the other PC news sites. ...P.S. I didn't capitalize the 'p' in iphone and I don't care

randomizer

Distinguished
Oh dear, now some idiots think THG is made up of Apple fanbois. First Nvidia, and now Apple. No wait, wasn't it Intel, then Nvidia, then Apple? Or is it still Nvidia, but not Intel, and now Apple? Make up your mind! :lol:

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Oh dear, now some idiots think THG is made up of Apple fanbois. First Nvidia, and now Apple. No wait, wasn't it Intel, then Nvidia, then Apple? Or is it still Nvidia, but not Intel, and now Apple? Make up your mind! [/citation]

Well I'm sorry if I got a little hot, but I'm no idiot.

As a matter of fact the accusation has been both Intel and Nvidia, although I was never one of the ones on that bandwagon. I'd say the accusation was most strongly placed on Intel during the rise and fall of the Athlon FX line...and I've heard noise about Nvidia just about every time the performance baton is passed. Like I said I've never really been with that group.

The difference, for one, is that all of the above are PC hardware. Thats what I've been reading here ever since some guy named tom actually had something to do with it. Before Bestofmedia bought it, and way before Omid bought it.

Back when K-6 chips got aftermarket overclocks and were resold underhandedly, which eventually caused the Athlon to have a locked multiplier late in the Athlon 2000 line (which held up until the recent black editions). Back when Athlons caught on fire, and when a P4 (northwood I believe) could be made to run 5ghz+ on nitrogen and phase change cooling. When you could make an XP run like an MP with a little tape and conductive laquer. I've been reading PC hardware here for a long time, and its getting further and further from that. Not to mention everyone's spell check seems to have broken.

Second, the article just doesn't make any sense. It calls a product 'ubiquitous' when it (even today, and even after the 3G launch) it only has a few percent market penetration. Less than 5% or even 10% is not ubiquitous, its just the iphone, strung out on crappy editorial sensationalism.

Whats worse is that the BlackBerry has existed for over a decade as a pager, and has been banging away at the mobile email market for 6+ years. YEARS. This article suggests that the iphone, barely a year old, is pioneering this market. Despite the fact that this 'pioneer' still has no replaceable battery, no keyboard, no MMS, no corporate support, and the limitations that go with being tied to an overly proprietary, overly priced manufacturer and carrier. (and no, the 3G version still does not fix all of the issues)

You can flame me and insult me if you want...but this is the internet...and its been done.

So either you or anyone else can make a counter argument to my claim that this article is full of misinformation and editorial sensationalism, or you can shove off.

Status
Not open for further replies.