FrozenMetroid

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
Went to turn on my Sony 4k 55x9005A last night and was welcomed with this

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/Shinogi/eBay%20Items/DSC_0130_zpsktkm0ugy.jpg

Worked fine the night before with no signs of problems and now the screen does this. I have sound when I press the menu button as it plays a little jingle. Is it worth taking a shot on a replacement T-Con or does it look like it's the panel? I've removed the T-Con and refitted it but that did nothing.

Any advice is appreciated before I stump out for a new TV.

Thank you for your time.

Kriptonac

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
Vertical lines are most commonly caused by a bad t-Con board. I suggest to remove the back of your TV and to check the boards for any obvious damage (unsolided or demaged capactiators...) etc. Now maybe the display is problem. Best thing you can do is check all cables are in right position inside and outside of TV.

FrozenMetroid

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
I've taken the T-Con out again and inspected it, I can't see any physical damage to any of the components. Put it back in and I had the same picture as above but this time with 4 black lines going horizontal as well. Disconnected the T-Con and reconnected it again and the black lines have gone again and I have the same as the picture in my first post, virtical lines.

Looked all capacitors on PSU board and motherboard and none are buldging or leaking.

FrozenMetroid

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
Tried new T-Con, the picture didn't change. It's exactly the same as the picture I first posted :-( Does it look like the panel has gone? May replace it with a 65x9005 but I'd prefer to get this one running again.